Provide phlebotomy service for patients in physician client’s office.
Essential Key Responsibilities:
• Greet patients, present in a pleasant welcoming compassionate demeanor
• Ensure proper identification of patient for appropriate type of blood draw
• Complete patient requisition form accurate and completely
• Ensure al sterile precautions are followed
• Comply with all safety procedures
• Perform correct phlebotomy technique in blood collection by venipuncture from patients of all ages
• Label blood vials completely and accurately
• Maintain accurate phlebotomy log and documentation
• Assemble blood specimen appropriately for transport
• Properly disposes of hazardous waste materials
• Maintain a functionally and efficient draw station
• Provide timely and dependable phlebotomy service
• Adhere to all company and State regulatory policies
• Perform basic clerical duties, filing, faxing, etc.
• Order and stock supplies
• Maintain a cost effective inventory
• Effectively communicate with physician’s office staff, physicians, other company employees
• Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Certification in Phlebotomy
• 1-2 years phlebotomy experience using a variety of techniques
• Laboratory experience preferred
• Good oral and written communication skills; must be able to read and understand basic technical phlebotomy procedure, department manuals, and memos
• Understand basic medical terminology
• Possesses the ability to prioritize, organize work with accuracy, efficiency, and dependability t complete assigned duties in the required timeframe, work under pressure and maintain productivity and quality standards determined by the department for achieving expectations
• Fine motor skills
• Basic computer skills
Environmental Working Conditions:
• Medical/clinical environment with exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, blood borne pathogens, chemical hazards and equipment.
• Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger; handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to focus.
HIPAA/PHI Security Level: (Low, Medium, or High)
Indicate the security access level of Protected Health Information (PHI) as necessary to perform essential key responsibilities of the position (access, utilize, disclose, store, and/ or dispose of PHI).
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of education, knowledge, skills and/or experience necessary to proficiently perform the job. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
Aurora Diagnostics offers a competitive compensation package and outstanding benefits. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume along with your salary history and requirements to email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Work Place